Alltech Innovation Competition - Ireland
Unleash your inner innovative spirit!
The Alltech Innovation Competition is back in Ireland with a new model! In 2017, the competition will shift its focus from business to agricultural engineering. The competing teams will select one of the suggested Alltech Challenges that highlights a pressing issue in the agriculture industry and propose an appropriate innovative solution to it.
If you have an innovative idea and would like to help farmers or contribute to the agribusiness industry, then assemble your team and get down to business! This year, total freedom will be given to the teams, which may choose their own process to develop their ideas. The key word here is innovation!
The winning team will have the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to travel to Lexington, Kentucky, USA, from May 21–24, 2017, to attend ONE: The Alltech Ideas Conference and be inspired by some of the world’s leading thinkers and innovators. The all-expense-paid trip of up to €9,000 will give the winners the opportunity to attend a world-class conference, network with industry leaders from all over the world and meet fellow innovators. In addition, a cash prize of €1,000 will be awarded to the winning team on the day of the competition.
Rules and guidelines:
- Who can participate? Each member of the team must be enrolled in either an undergraduate or a graduate degree program. Multidisciplinary teams are allowed.
- What is the team structure? Each team must be comprised of a minimum of two members and a maximum of four members.
- When is the deadline to register? Teams must register before Tuesday, Nov. 15, 2016, to enter the competition by filling in the online registration form below.
- When is the deadline to submit the project? Teams must submit their final project by Saturday, Dec. 31, 2016, 23:59 IST. Shortlisted teams will be notified on Wednesday, Jan. 18, 2017, to participate in the final competition. The final competition will take place in Alltech’s European Headquarters in Dunboyne, Ireland, on Wednesday, Feb. 8, 2017.
- Can I submit any project? Teams must submit a project from one of the approved Alltech Challenges.
- What are the rules? Teams must propose an innovative approach in response to one of the Alltech Challenges from the list below and suggest a viable project supporting that idea. Teams can choose how to structure their project to best present their ideas. Every team must submit a paper of 3,000 words explaining their project and may present other supporting data (e.g., model, mobile app, etc.).
- Who will decide the winners? An Alltech panel of judges will decide which are the most promising projects.
- What is the prize? The prize for the winning team is comprised as follows:
- A cash prize of €1,000
- An all-expense-paid trip to ONE: The Alltech Ideas Conference from May 21–24, 2017, in Lexington, Kentucky, USA, for a maximum amount of € 9,000
- Tuesday, Nov. 15, 2016: Competing teams must register and choose their Alltech Challenge
- Saturday, Dec. 31, 2016: Final papers must be submitted
- Wednesday, Jan. 18, 2017: Notification of finalists
- Wednesday, Feb. 8, 2017: Final competition
- May 21–24, 2017: Attendance at ONE: The Alltech Ideas Conference
Feel free to contact Pauline Depierre with any queries at email@example.com.