Alltech North American Career Development Program
The Alltech North American Career Development Program (CDP) is a one-year, salaried, entry-level program, providing up to 12 recent university graduates the opportunity to train alongside experienced professionals in Alltech’s dairy, beef and poultry businesses. After an induction period at Alltech’s international headquarters in Nicholasville, Kentucky, trainees will be assigned to specific locations in the United States or Canada to prepare for sales positions. They will receive mentorship from senior managers. The CDP aims to equip and empower trainees with critical skills designed for a successful career at Alltech.
Who are we looking for? Candidates who:
- Are enthusiastic and passionate about agriculture!
- Have strong knowledge of the dairy, beef or poultry industries.
- Recently graduated with a bachelor's or master's degree in animal science, poultry science, dairy nutrition, beef management, veterinary science, biology, agribusiness or a related subject applicable to the dairy, beef and poultry industries.
- Have limited industry and work experience (no more than 1 to 2 years of experience).
- Are fluent in English (other languages are an advantage).
- Take initiative and are bright, motivated, quick learners and creative thinkers.
- Are able to thrive in an international business.
- Possess strong time-management skills and are capable of working well under pressure.
- Are flexible and open to a variety of projects.
- Take great pride in their quality of work.
- Show excellent communication skills.
- Are strong team players.
- Are eligible to work in the USA or Canada.
- Are able to start working by May 2018.
This 12-months, full-time, entry-level, salaried position for recent graduates begins with an intensive induction period at Alltech’s international headquarters in Nicholasville, Kentucky, USA. After this, trainees will continue training for sales positions with our experienced beef, dairy or poultry professionals in either the United States or Canada.
The induction will provide an overview of the company and include development in team building, leadership, presentation skills and working in a multi-cultural business. Participants will interact with senior leadership and an array of company resources.
Upon completion of the induction period, trainees will be placed in locations to address needs that will support our beef, dairy or poultry customers. Each trainee will be supervised and mentored by an experienced team member who will provide regular guidance and feedback on progress.
In addition to great hands-on experience and practical knowledge, you will become a vital part of a close-knit, cross-functional team of peers to whom you can turn throughout the program and your career at Alltech.
You will also be introduced to president and founder, Dr. Pearse Lyons, and several leading personalities from the Alltech team. These connections will foster professional development and growth.
Upon successful completion of the program, trainees will be ready to rapidly contribute to the company’s growth strategy. The CDP is a unique first step on the path to an exciting and rewarding career at Alltech!
Q & A
Applicants who have recently graduated or are expected to graduate with a Bachelor's or Master's degree.
All applications must be submitted in English, the primary business language at Alltech. You will need to be able to communicate with us in English, in both written and spoken forms.
Successful candidates will have hands-on opportunities to gain valuable business skills and take ownership of developing solutions for emerging issues in the beef, dairy and poultry industries. Those accepted to the program will be mentored by the best industry professionals and gain access to Alltech’s president and founder Dr. Pearse Lyons. Dr. Lyons has a personal interest and commitment to this program.
Yes, however, note Alltech is seeking to fill positions beef, dairy and poultry businesses. The Alltech North American Career Development Program welcomes candidates with diverse fields of study who have a high level of engagement, passion for agriculture and creativity.
Due to the nature of this program, it would not be appropriate to have participants with long-term industry experience. However, you are welcome to apply for other opportunities at www.alltech.com/careers.
Due to the nature of the program we cannot accept deferred entrants.
All communication regarding the outcome of your application will be via e-mail from the Alltech Career Development Program Team. Please save our address firstname.lastname@example.org in your address book to ensure you receive our e-mails.
Your role will be primarily sales-focused for either the beef, dairy or poultry side of our core business. Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Learn about and promote Alltech solutions
- Interact with customers on farm or at industry events
- Support sales growth for the beef, dairy and poultry accounts
- Business development and management
- Contribute to the expansion and deployment of Alltech solutions
Applicants who earn a position with the Alltech North American Career Development Program will be offered a competitive salary.
This is the first step on your path to a successful and rewarding career at Alltech. After the program, participants will take on sales-related roles with Alltech’s beef, dairy or poultry teams in the United States or Canada.
Send an e-mail to: GraduateCareers@alltech.com where our Alltech Career Development Program Team will be happy to help!
Candidates will be proposed by appointed managers and licensed assessors to the Alltech Selection Board, for this program, upon which a decision will be made.
This is our timeline:
- Week December 4, 2017 – Applications open
- February 9, 2018 – Applications close
- February 12, 2018 – Applicants receive invitation for required psychometric test
- February 18, 2018 – Deadline for completion of psychometric test
- February 26, 2018 – Applicants receive invitation for required video interview
- March 4, 2018 – Deadline for video interview
- Week March 12, 2018 – Selected applicants receive invitations for in-person interviews
- Week April 5, 2018 – Finalists receive offer letters
- May 11, 2018 – Orientation begins
Alltech Career Development Program Team